Updated Jan 4, 2019
Protection of InformationYour privacy is of the utmost importance to TOURISM Santa Fe. Accordingly, TOURISM Santa Fe adheres to the highest ethical standards in collecting, using and safeguarding personal information. We collect and use personal data only for delivery of our websites and associated applications, print communications (including visitor guides), and electronic newsletters. We do not sell or share this information.
This information includes (but is not limited to):
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Street Address (including City, State, Zip, and Country)
- Travel Details and Interests
If you have any questions about our policies or your rights, please contact the TOURISM Santa Fe Internet Privacy Officer.
Collection of InformationWe collect information so that we can offer the best experience when you access our websites or services. Information is collected when you:
- Visit one of our websites (IP Address, Google Analytics)
- Enter one of our contests (Name, Email, Phone, Address, City, State, Zip, Country)
- Request a Visitor Guide (Name, Company, Email, Phone, Address, City, State, Zip, Country, potential travel dates, needs, and interests)
- Sign up for one or more of our newsletters (Name, Email, City, State, Zip)
- Sign up for an account (Username, Password, Name, Company, Email, Phone, Address, City, State, Zip, Country)
- Submit a Media Assessment (Name, Party Member Names, Title, Business Name, Address, City, State, Zip, Country, Phone, Cell Phone, Email, Website, Social Media Handles, Emergency Contact Name and Phone, Travel dates and details, Media Outlet details)
- Use the santafe.org feedback form (Name, Email, Phone, Address, City, State, Country)
- Add an Event to the santafe.org Calendar (Contact Name, Contact Email, Contact Phone)
- Become a Business Partner by adding your business to santafe.org (Business Name, Business License, Business website, Contact Name, Contact Email, Title, Manager Name, Manager Email, Newsletter Recipient Names and Emails, Business Address, City, State, Zip, Location including Lat/Long, Phone, Fax, Social Media URLs)
- Give TOURISM Santa Fe permission to use your photo(s) using the Photo Permission form (Name, Title, Business Name, Address, Email, Phone)
- Purchase advertising on santafe.org (Business Name, Location, Contact Name, Contact Email)
Image Meta DataIf you upload images to one of our websites, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location and meta data from images on the website. We are not responsible for EXIF data that has been uploaded as part of an image.
Use and Collection of User InformationTOURISM Santa Fe does not rent, sell or exchange information about its customers, visitors, or partners (users). Access to information about TOURISM Santa Fe users is restricted to the TOURISM Santa Fe civic family (including other city-managed departments and/or businesses) and their marketing and web partners. As this information is not sold, consent for the sale is assumed to be denied; no request is necessary to protect your information.
Opt-In Only CommunicationsTOURISM Santa Fe will not contact you without your request. By filling out TOURISM Santa Fe interest cards/form or signing up for TOURISM Santa Fe mailings, you agree to receive newsletter communications until you explicitly unsubscribe. By creating an account on a TOURISM Santa Fe Web site, you agree to receive communications from TOURISM Santa Fe related to the use and operation of your account. If you believe that you have been opted in against your will or without permission, please contact the TOURISM Santa Fe Internet Privacy Officer and your information will be removed within 8-10 business days.
Security of User InformationTOURISM Santa Fe makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the customer information it maintains is secure. TOURISM Santa Fe will monitor and adopt, as appropriate, new technological developments that are designed to aid in ensuring the security of customer information.
Personally Identifiable InformationBy registering online for TOURISM Santa Fe's communication and/or partnership programs, you are voluntarily providing us with certain personally identifiable information. Users who do not want their personally identifiable information collected online are asked not to submit such information to TOURISM Santa Fe.
When TOURISM Santa Fe Web site users provide TOURISM Santa Fe with personally identifiable information online, that information is kept within the TOURISM Santa Fe civic family. Unless specifically stated otherwise, the personally identifiable information may be stored and used by TOURISM Santa Fe in aggregate to better understand its users' needs, to improve the Santa Fe product and service strategy, and to contact users regarding offers that may be of interest to them.
If TOURISM Santa Fe Web site users previously provided their e-mail addresses to TOURISM Santa Fe and would like to have their e-mail addresses removed from TOURISM Santa Fe e-mail mailing lists, TOURISM Santa Fe asks them to contact the TOURISM Santa Fe Internet Privacy Officer with the request. Your e-mail addresses will be removed within 8-10 business days.
ChildrenTOURISM Santa Fe has no intention of collecting personally identifiable information (name, address, phone, or e-mail address) from children (individuals under the age of 13) online and using that information for marketing purposes. Where appropriate, TOURISM Santa Fe will specifically instruct children not to submit such information on TOURISM Santa Fe Web sites.
If a child has provided TOURISM Santa Fe with an e-mail address and/or personal data, TOURISM Santa Fe asks that a parent or guardian of the child contact the TOURISM Santa Fe Internet Privacy Officer if they would like the e-mail address and/or data deleted from our systems. The e-mail address and/or data will be removed within 8-10 business days.
Personally Identifiable Information Collected AutomaticallyTOURISM Santa Fe Web sites may collect information from Web site users that is not personally identifiable, including the user’s operating system, browser, domain name, and the specific web pages on the TOURISM Santa Fe Web site that are accessed or visited. TOURISM Santa Fe only collects this information in the aggregate, and only uses it to improve TOURISM Santa Fe Web sites.
Information Placed Automatically on User's ComputersWhen users visit TOURISM Santa Fe Web sites, TOURISM Santa Fe may store some information on the user's computer in the form of a "cookie" or similar file. These files allow TOURISM Santa Fe to tailor a Web site to reflect a userr's listed or historical preferences. Most Web browsers allow Web users to exercise control over such files on their computers by erasing them, blocking them, or notifying the user when such a file is stored. TOURISM Santa Fe Web site users are asked to refer to their browser's instructions to learn about those functions.
- We use display and interest-based Advertising and Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online.
- To support our advertising, we utilize third-party vendors to show our ads on sites across the Internet.
- Our third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on someone's past visits to our website.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Preferences Manager.
Obtaining a Copy of Your InformationIf you would like to get a copy of your personal data that TOURISM Santa Fe has stored, please contact the TOURISM Santa Fe Internet Privacy Officer. You can expect a copy within 8-10 business days.
Deleting Your InformationIf you would like to delete your personal data that TOURISM Santa Fe has stored, please contact the TOURISM Santa Fe Internet Privacy Officer. You will receive confirmation that this has been completed within 8-10 business days.
Privacy ContactTOURISM Santa Fe
Attention: Internet Privacy Officer
201 W. Marcy St.
Santa Fe, NM 87501