WHY SANTA FE?
Founded in 1610, the winding streets, adobe architecture, and traditional Spanish and Native American artwork surround attendees with Santa Fe’s heritage.
Our 400+ year old city blends old-world charm with urban sophistication that is sure to be among your organization’s most memorable destinations.
About Santa Fe
Santa Fe, New Mexico, is one of the great destination cities of the world. For visitors, meeting planners and adventurers alike, Santa Fe provides historic surroundings, enduring cultures, timeless beauty, and sophisticated food and hospitality, making it a perfect location for your next meeting, conference or convention.
Santa Fe is nestled in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the southern most sub-range of the Rocky Mountains, at an altitude of just over 7,000 feet. The city occupies over 37 square miles in the upper Rio Grande valley just below mountains that reach above 12,000 feet. Thousands of acres of national forest and wilderness surround the city, and yet it is only an hour's drive to the Albuquerque International Airport.
Founded in 1610 and known as The City Different, Santa Fe is the oldest state capital in the United States. The City's signature adobe architecture, tree-shaded Plaza, and winding streets make the city feel more like a foreign destination than one of America's most historic places.
Its friendly people, laid-back pace, temperate climate, and welcoming hospitality make this distinctive city one of the top destinations in the country.
Here Are Top Ten Reasons to Book Your Next Event in Santa Fe
10. Location -- Rated one of the most walkable cities in the country, Santa Fe is an ideal escape for a meeting of the minds. Historic sites such as the downtown plaza, iconic Canyon Road, world-renowned museums, and one-of-a-kind boutiques are just steps from the Community Convention Center.
9. Culture -- From the Santa Fe Opera to historic pueblos, our tri-cultural coolness sets us apart as the no. 1 cultural destination in the country.
8. Weather -- More than 320 days of sun each year coupled with relatively mild temperatures make a meeting in Santa Fe comfortable, refreshing, and inspiring.
7. Landscape -- Set against the vivid panorama of rich color and natural beauty, a meeting in Santa Fe will be on a stage like no other.
6. Spirit -- The intangible essence of Santa Fe is its transformational power, which leaves a lasting impression on gatherings of all sizes.
5. Accommodations -- From bed & breakfasts to resort hotels, Santa Fe offers a wide variety of options to create an authentic experience for any group.
4. Shopping and Dining -- Santa Fe is unrivaled in opportunities to find unique treasures and world-renowned culinary experiences that will satisfy your group's need for extracurricular activities.
3. Convention Services -- Santa Fe wants to create a custom destination for your meeting. With all the equipment, expertise, and service of a first-tier destination, Santa Fe has your group's needs covered.
2. Space -- With over 72,000 square feet of flexible space, the Santa Fe Community Convention Center can tailor your meeting to suit your group's needs.
1. Desire -- People love our city and we are consistently ranked as one of the top destinations in the world. Your attendees will be more motivated, inspired, and excited about a meeting in Santa Fe.
We have desire, too - to make your next meeting destination a memorable and flawless event.
Traveling to Santa Fe
Arriving in Santa Fe is very convenient with several direct flights into the Santa Fe Regional Airport from Phoenix, Dallas and Denver. To learn more, visit Fly Santa Fe
Travelers frequently opt to fly directly to the Albuquerque International Sunport, serviced by most major carriers and only a 60 minute beautiful drive (with a 75 mph speed limit) to Santa Fe; climbing the mountain and setting the scene.
Affordable shuttle services provide gate-to-door transportation, with group rates available.Guests may also opt for the New Mexico Railrunner, a commuter train with a 90 minute ride from the Albuquerque Sunport to the Santa Fe Railyard Depot.
For more information about traveling to Santa Fe, visit SantaFe.org.