The Santa Fe Margarita Trail: How It Works
To get started, purchase the NEW paper Passport or download the app to enjoy the expanded Margarita Trail.
Get the NEW Margarita Trail Paper Passportǃ
1. Visit any of the downtown TOURISM Santa Fe Visitor Centers to purchase your paper Passport. You can also pick up a new paper Passport at most of the participating locations.
2. If you have the old paper Passport, you can exchange it for a new one. There is no cost to exchange old Passports and you can transfer your stamps to the new Passport as well. The transfer and exchange of old Passports to new ones is ONLY available at one of our 3 downtown TOURISM Santa Fe Visitor Centers.
Download the Santa Fe Margarita Trail Passport Appǃ
1. Open the App Store (iPhone) or the Google Play Store (Android) and search for ‘Santa Fe Margarita Trail Passport’.
2. Download the full version* for just ＄2.99 and start enjoying all the benefits of the Margarita Trail.
*There is a free ‘Margarita Trail Lite’ app that provides the Margarita Trail locations, but in order to collect stamps, earn prizes and get a ＄1 off each signature margarita, you must purchase the paid, full version. Both versions of the app have an interactive map that geo-locates you and lists the Margarita Trail location closest to you.
3. If you already own a stamped paper Passport and would like to transfer your stamps to a newly purchased app, visit ANY of the TOURISM Santa Fe Visitor Centers for assistance.
Get Started on the Trailǃ
Once you have purchased the paper Passport or downloaded the app, you are ready to get started on the Margarita Trailǃ
1. As you travel along the Margarita Trail, present your paper Passport or paid version of the app for ＄1 off the signature margarita offered at each participating location.
2. Ask your bartender or server to ‘stamp’ your paper Passport or app after trying their signature margarita—but before you get carried away, remember you can only earn two stamps every 12 hours. Note: You can only collect stamps in either the paper Passport or on the app, not both.
3. Get stamps and earn the following prizes†:
- 5 Stamps = Margarita Trail T-shirt
- 10 Stamps = Provisional Member to the Margarita Society
- 15 Stamps = Full Member to the Margarita Society
- 20 Stamps = Signed copy of The Great Margarita Book
- 30 Stamps = Margarita Bartender Kit
- Complete the Entire Margarita Trail = VIP Margarita Package
†Prizes may only be redeemed at the Downtown Santa Fe Visitor Center located in Paso de Luz (formerly Plaza Galleria) at 66 E. San Francisco Street, Suite 3.
Become a Margarita Society Member
As a member of the Margarita Society you will get exclusive access to events, seminars and tastings. You’ll receive the official lapel pin, membership card, society certificate, special offers and subscription to the Margarita Insider – the society’s quarterly newsletter. Don’t miss being a part of this elite and exclusive membership in Santa Fe.
TOURISM Santa Fe Visitor Center Locations
Plaza Visitor Information Center
Paso de Luz (formerly Plaza Galeria)
66 E. San Francisco Street, Suite 3
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Hours: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm Daily
Santa Fe Community Convention Center
201 W. Marcy Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
Railyard Visitor Information Center
Santa Fe Depot
410 S. Guadalupe Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Daily
View a map of the visitor center locations
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.