The Santa Fe Margarita Trail: How It Works
To get started, purchase the NEW paper Passport or download the app to enjoy the expanded Margarita Trail.
Get the NEW Margarita Trail Paper Passportǃ
1. Visit any of the downtown TOURISM Santa Fe Visitor Centers to purchase your paper Passport. You can also pick up a new paper Passport at most of the participating locations.
2. If you have the old paper Passport, you can exchange it for a new one. There is no cost to exchange old Passports and you can transfer your stamps to the new Passport as well. The transfer and exchange of old Passports to new ones is ONLY available at our downtown TOURISM Santa Fe Visitor Center located at 66 E. San Francisco Street, Suite 3.
Download the Santa Fe Margarita Trail Passport Appǃ
1. Open the App Store (iPhone) or the Google Play Store (Android) and search for ‘Santa Fe Margarita Trail Passport’.
2. Download the app for just ＄2.99 and start enjoying all the benefits of the Margarita Trail.
3. If you already own a stamped paper Passport and would like to transfer your stamps to a newly purchased app, visit the Downtown TOURISM Santa Fe Visitor Center located at 66 E. San Francisco Street, Suite 3, for assistance.
Get Started on the Trailǃ
Once you have purchased the paper Passport or downloaded the app, you are ready to get started on the Margarita Trailǃ
1. As you travel along the Margarita Trail, present your paper Passport or paid version of the app for ＄1 off the signature margarita offered at each participating location.
2. Ask your bartender or server to ‘stamp’ your paper Passport or app after trying their signature margarita—but before you get carried away, remember you can only earn two stamps every 12 hours. Note: You can only collect stamps in either the paper Passport or on the app, not both.
3. Get stamps and earn the following prizes†:
- 5 Stamps = Margarita Trail T-shirt
- 10 Stamps = Provisional Member to the Margarita Society
- 15 Stamps = Full Member to the Margarita Society
- 20 Stamps = Signed copy of The Great Margarita Book
- 30 Stamps = Margarita Bartender Kit
†Prizes may only be redeemed at the Downtown Santa Fe Visitor Center located in Paso de Luz (formerly Plaza Galleria) at 66 E. San Francisco Street, Suite 3.
Become a Margarita Society Member
As a member of the Margarita Society you will get exclusive access to events, seminars and tastings. You’ll receive the official lapel pin, membership card, society certificate, special offers and subscription to the Margarita Insider – the society’s quarterly newsletter. Don’t miss being a part of this elite and exclusive membership in Santa Fe.
Plaza Visitor Information Center
Paso de Luz (formerly Plaza Galeria)
66 E. San Francisco Street, Suite 3
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Hours: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm Daily
Santa Fe Community Convention Center
201 W. Marcy Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Hours: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday-Friday
Please enjoy the Margarita Trail responsibility! Must be 21 or older to participate. Note: Vertical IDs from any state, even if the individual is 21+, are not accepted for use at bars to purchase alcohol.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.